Creole Crawfish Nicoise Salad
- 2 ounces Fresh crawfish tails
- 2 each (3ounces) small red bliss new potatoes
- 6 each (1 ounces) baby green beans
- 1 ounce baby greens
- 1 each egg whites
- 1/2 ounce Kalamata olive -- chopped
- 1 ounce Spicy vinaigrette
- 2 ounce Ralph Brennan Creole seasoning (sodium free)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 wedge fresh lemon
Marinate the cooked crawfish tails in the spicy vinaigrette, for 1 hour, before assembling the salad.
Blanch the baby green beans in 1 quart of boiling water seasoned with 1 ounce Creole seasoning, for 90 seconds, then shock in an ice bath.
Boil the new potatoes in 1 quart of water seasoned with 1 ounce Creole seasoning until tender and chill.
Boil one egg, peel, discard the yolk, and mince the egg whites.
Slice new potatoes and arrange on plate. Toss baby greens and green beans in lemon juice, pepper, and arrange aside potatoes. Spoon crawfish tails over salad and drizzle with spicy vinaigrette marinade. Garnish with egg whites.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (Saica)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (Roland)
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers -- diced small
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers -- diced small
- 1/4 cup red onion -- diced small
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic -- chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Mix all ingredients together, and refrigerate until ready to use.
1 cup = 250 ml = 16 Tablespoons
1/2 cup = 125 ml = 8 Tablespoons
1/3 cup = 83 ml = 5.3 Tablespoons
1/4 cup = 62 ml = 4 Tablespoons
1 Pinch = 1/8 Teaspoon