- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 recipe hot-pepper-jelly sauce (see sauces)
- 1/2 cup apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 cups peeled and julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned onions
- 1 cup finely sliced green onions
Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage head. Wash the head, core it, and cut it into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Place in a large mixing bowl.
In a small mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the hot-pepper-jelly sauce with the vinegar, sugar, parsley, kosher salt and pepper. Add the mixture to the bowl of cabbage, along with the carrots, onions and green onions, mixing well.